HRI provides free legal services to people who have suffered human rights abuses, including:
- Asylum seekers fleeing persecution based on religion, race, ethnicity, political opinion, or membership in a particular social group
- Those protected under the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA), the Victims of Trafficking and the Violence Protection Act
- Immigrants abused by a U.S. Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident (Green Card holder) spouse
- Immigrant children who are victims of violent crimes, neglect, abuse, or abandonment
HRI also provides social services to its legal clients, including:
- Community referrals to appropriate area service providers
- Job search assistance
- Workshops and group activities, including programs for youth
- Direct advocacy
- Guidance on obtaining documents and accessing benefits programs
100% of HRI clients utilizing our social services move from “at risk” to “stable” in most basic areas of need.
Please note provision of services is limited to clients living in the North Texas area.
HRI assists immigrants with representation in various immigration proceedings. We provide high quality legal services free of charge, which means we have to make tough decisions on which cases we invest our resources into. We speak Spanish; however, if you require a translator, you will need to provide your own. Here are the types of cases we take at HRI:
Relief as a Victim of Domestic Violence
Relief as an Immigrant Child
Applying for Relief as a Victim of Violent Crime in the United States
We speak Spanish; however, if you require a translator, you will need to provide your own.
Hablamos español, pero si necesita un traductor, deberá proporcionar el suyo.