(Full-time, exempt, with benefits)
Organization Mission: Human Rights Initiative of North Texas (“HRI”) provides legal and support services to refugees and immigrants who have suffered human rights abuses, advocates for justice and promotes international human rights.
Organization Core Values:
- Belief in the basic human rights of all people.
- Respect for the worth and dignity of individuals.
- Professionalism in our approach to pro bono legal and other service delivery.
- Accountability to clients, supporters, and the public.
- Respect for other cultures and U.S. law.
- Responsiveness to individual client needs.
Position Description: Reporting to the Executive Director, the HRI Office Manager will be responsible for all bookkeeping, ordering of supplies, maintenance requests, and correspondence for the organization. The office manager will also assist in keeping the office organized and implementing and maintaining office systems as well as assist the Executive Director with scheduling.
- Pay all payables
- Input all deposits into Quickbooks and make physical deposits to bank
- Input all daily Quickbooks transactions from operating account
- Monthly Reconciling all bank statements
- Work with Board Treasurer to create financial reports for Board Meetings
- Create Financial Reports for Development Director
Vendor Management – manage current relationships (listed below) and potential new relationships.
- PEO (Payroll and Benefits company)
- Phone & Internet
- Copier Lease
- Legal Server Case Management Software
- Bloomerang Donor Management Software
- Credit Card Processor & PCI Compliance
- Office Supplies (Amazing, Quill, Oak Cliff Paper Company, Gladden Water, etc.)
- Entering new employee information (Including I-9s)
- Working with IT Consultants on ongoing tech issues
- Evaluating current hardware and software systems
- POC for technology issues when they arise
- Assisting in administrative duties related to relocation of HRI (by May 2020)
- Keeping inventory and managing orders of new supplies when needed
- Placing maintenance requests to landlord when appropriate
- Booking conference rooms and other office-wide scheduling
- Assisting Executive Director with scheduling
- This position reports to the Executive Director
- Commitment to HRI’s mission.
- Demonstrated initiative and commitment to achieving results.
- Excellent communicator, both oral and written.
- Proficient in using Quickbooks.
- Comfortable using technology, including Microsoft Office, and ability to quickly master new programs and/or software.
- Flexible self-manager.
- Attention to detail and/or experience in bookkeeping
- Prior experience as an office manager (preferred)
Must successfully undergo background check upon hire and sign confidentiality agreement.
Applicants meeting the above qualifications please email your cover letter and resume to Layne Faulkner, Volunteer & Communications Coordinator, at email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls will be accepted.