(Dallas, TX (currently hybrid remote/in-person)
HRI seeks a passionate human rights advocate to join our team as a Development Coordinator. Duties include CRM management and administration, donor relations, and support for special events, outreach, and appeals. This position reports to and collaborates with the Development Director.
The Development Coordinator will display competency and sensitivity in representing low socioeconomic and limited-English-proficient clients and in providing trauma-informed services.
About HRI: For the past 20 years, HRI has provided legal and critical social services for immigrant survivors of human rights abuses from all over the world. Our courageous and resilient clients are asylum seekers fleeing persecution; children who have been abandoned, abused and neglected; and victims of family violence and violent crimes. HRI’s Legal team partners with a network of over 250 pro bono attorneys from DFW law firms and corporations to help clients access the U.S. immigration system, and our Social Services team offers transitional support and referrals to help address trauma and ease the hardships of profound displacement. At HRI, all of our services are free, and all are designed to help forge a path to safety, stability and opportunity.
HRI has a budget of approximately $1.5 M, funded primarily through private sector giving. We use the Consultation and Proximity (CAP) model for individual and programmatic decision-making. We conduct much of our organizational decision-making through staff-led committee recommendations and consensus processes, which often include thinking periods, opportunity for written comment, anonymous polling, and facilitated discussion. HRI’s 15-person team is in the midst of an organizational transformation and growth process, which began this spring with an all-staff participatory budgeting process and staff-led development of a transparent, equitable compensation structure. Over the next several months, HRI will build upon that work through a strategic planning process and internally-focused race equity work.
HRI is currently following a safety protocol due to COVID-19. For more information about how this impacts HRI staff, please visit this link.
Position Responsibilities Data and CRM Management (40%)
• Assume primary responsibility for EveryAction engagement platform administration, conducting compliance audits, ensuring data integrity and process standards.
• Play a leading role in automated and sequenced communications with donors.
• Perform weekly importing and integration of external donation platform data.
• Run reports, synthesize information, and share frequent updates as part of Development team.
Donor Stewardship (40%)
• Partner with Development Director in research, solicitation, cultivation, and support of new and existing individual donors.
• In collaboration with Development Director, grow monthly sustaining donor program.
Event and Appeal Support (20%)
• As part of HRI’s Communications Team, help craft messaging and coordinate campaigns.
• Represent HRI at outreach and community events to promote awareness of mission, recruit volunteers, and cultivate donors.
• Liaise with HRI Social Services and outside groups to support in-kind drives.
• Assist with HRI fundraising events and appeals.
Essential Job Qualifications:
• 1-3 years of experience in development.
• High level proficiency using Microsoft suite products and cloud-based CRM/digital engagement software.
• Excellent planning, organizational, and time-management skills. Meticulous attention to detail.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking skills.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
• Interpersonal and emotional intelligence, warmth, resilience.
• Provide support and contribute to a working environment in which all individuals are respected regardless of their individual differences.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and willingness to sign a confidentiality agreement.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Bilingual language skills, especially Spanish.
• Development experience at a social justice organization.
Salary and Benefits
The position is a full-time exempt position. Salary range is $49,000-53,000 commensurate with experience and in accordance with HRI’s salary scale. Benefits include employer-paid health care, paid time off, and other benefits.
• Able to work on a computer, including sitting at a desk, for extended periods of time. Able to read a computer screen. Manual dexterity to operate a keyboard.
• Able to speak clearly on the phone and in person.
• Able to occasionally lift objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and a list of at least three professional references to Development@hrionline.org.
Applications received before October 4 will be given preferred consideration.
Human Rights Initiative of North Texas is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, marital status, or veteran status. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We are a fair chance employer. A background check will be conducted prior to finalizing an offer of employment.
Human Rights Initiative of North Texas offers competitive Spring, Summer, and Fall internships for graduate and undergraduate interns depending on need. Fall 2021 schedule coming soon.
Qualified applicants please submit your resume, writing samples, and a tailored cover letter specifying interest to Layne Faulkner at Lfaulkner@hrionline.org. No phone calls will be accepted. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis and this position may close at any time after a candidate has been identified.